Christmas time is filled with family gathering, parties, fun and games. It usually gets stressful, and sometimes you just need a little extra.
Enter Christmas crack. Hmmmm….. what might that be? Sounds kind of funny, doesn’t it?
No worries: nothing bad. Just the best of your favorite sweet and salty treats mixed together. I think there’s as many types of Christmas crack as there are people. Here are a few examples: Christmas crack cookies, saltines, toffee, candy, pretzels, and so on.
Want to learn how to make Christmas crack? It’s so easy, you can get your kids to do it. They’ll have lots of fun too!
How To Make Christmas Crack
Here’s my favorite recipe:
- 3 cups rice chex
- 2 cups honey nut cheerios
- 3 cups wheat chex
- 1 cup pretzels (any shape will do)
- 2-3 cups chocolate M&M’
- 24 oz chocolate chips (you can use the regular chocolate chips from the grocery store, or jazz it up with these green mint chocolate chips)
- Combine all but the chocolate chips into a large bowl and mix until everything is well mixed.
- Melt the chocolate chips over a double boiler, stirring often, until liquid. Or, you can microwave it 30 seconds at a time until fully melted.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the mixture and mix well to coat everything.
- Lay it all out on parchment paper and leave for about an hour until chocolate hardens back up.
- Break it up and store it in an air-tight container.
Christmas crack makes a great gift, and it’s also perfect to take at parties or keep on the counter for those stressful days running up to Christmas day. You can get a little break from the stress with a handful of this “miracle mix” 😉
Need some ideas for Christmas appetizers? Here are some:
- easy Christmas appetizers
- Christmas party food ideas
- vegetarian appetizers for Christmas
- savory tartlets
- cheesy spinach pinwheels
Saltines Christmas crack
This is soo easy! Just a few ingredients and you get yumminess!
Mini pretzels holiday crack
This is insanely easy to make and delicious! Inexpensive too! All you need is a few ingredients: mini pretzels, butter, brown sugar, chocolate chips and salt.
Take a peek here, to see it in action (this video is a bit fast, and made me kind of dizzy, but it shows how easy it is to make it).
I hope you got some ideas of how to make Christmas crack this year. Of course, put your own spin on it. Use ingredients that YOU love!
Make cookies too. Here’s a list of delicious Valentine’s day cookie recipes.
I’m going to make a minty Christmas crack, with mint M&Ms, mint chocolate chips and candy came among other things. What recipe are you using? Please share in the comments.