With so many gatherings this time of the year, it’s nice to have a variety of appetizers. Most people at your party won’t be vegetarians, but you’ll be surprised how well received some to these vegetarian appetizer recipes will be.
Appetizers are also great to have on hand for your family. They are easy to make, and can be grabbed quickly between preparing the festive dinner or decorating the house for guests.
Vegetarian Appetizer Recipes
Making vegetable appetizers is as easy as getting some fresh veggies, washing and slicing them. Hera re a few examples:
- cucumber slices with cream cheese and tomatoes (see image above)
- sliced veggies tray with your favorite dip.
- toasted bread with spinach dip, which you can make yourself with one of these seasoning mix packets, or buy a jar of it already made, if you’re trying save time. your grocery store should have these, but if not, Amazon to the rescue (and it comes straight to your door). Top with a red pepper piece for good looks 😉
- mini pizza you make with pizza dough you can buy at Walmart or your favorite grocery store. Top with peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, olives, or whatever you have in your fridge.
Baked Brie With Fuji Apple, Mango & Pecan
Colorful and cute, these mini Phillo cups are the perfect quick bite before mingling in with the other guests. Light enough not to fill you up, but just enough to keep you going until dinner is served
Baked brie with Fuji apples, mango & pecan
Colorful and cute, these mini Phillo cups are quick to make and delicious!
- 8 oz Brie cheese
- 1 Fuji apple Cut into small cubes & wedge the bottom. It’s easier to push into the cheese.
- 1 cup mango chutney
- 30 whole pecans
- 2 packages mini Phyllo cups or shells Can buy in frozen section: The Fillo Factory or Athens Brand
- 3 scallions Slice diagonally & about an inch long to make 30 tiny spears
Preheat oven 350F.
When filling the phyllo cups, I leave them in the packaged plastic container to hold in place then transfer to cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
Add to each shell about a ½ teaspoon of mango chutney, ½ teaspoon of Brie. Don’t over fill or they will collapse.
Place colorful edge of apple, wedged at the bottom, into brie and place whole pecan standing straight up to the side of apple.
Bake for 10 minutes or when cheese is bubbling, as soon as they come out the oven add scallion spear while cheese is still soft.
More Vegetarian Appetizers
- Cut up some fresh cucumbers (or zucchini) and top with cream cheese and a piece of red pepper: looks very festive and it couldn’t be any easier to make.
- Or, cut up green and red peppers in strips and use plastic cups to display them: easy to pick one, and so healthy!
- Watermelon and feta rounds or cubes – a great combination of sweet and salty your guests will love!
Appetizer Serving Dishes
Beautiful 2 Piece Glass Relish Dish in Wicker Serving Tray, 4 Sectional Serving Platter for Appetizers, Veg. Sticks, and Dips, with S/S Serving TongPorcelain 3 Tier Serving Tray – Rectangular Serving Platter – Appetizer Dessert Stand Rack, White, 12 inch PlatesElama Signature 6 Piece Lazy Susan Appetizer and Condiment Server Set with 5 Serving Dishes and a Bamboo Lazy Suzan Serving Tray, 12.5
More Christmas Treats For Family And Friends
Need more ideas for Christmas treats?
These Christmas turtles are not only cute looking: they’ll melt in your mouth and make the stress go away instantly! Well, not exactly true, but it WILL give you a few moments of happiness, even if only passing.
Have you ever heard of Christmas crack? You wo’t be able to stop: it’s THAT good! Here’s how to make it.
These savory tartlets are small but yummy. Easy to make too.
I hope you’ve been inspired to make the best of your holidays with these vegetarian appetizer recipes.