Most of the time I try to have a healthy breakfast which includes fruits, nuts and sometimes, even veggies. But once in a while, I crave something sweet and delicious! I don’t care for something that takes hours to make, so I go to my favorite easy breakfast cheese danish.
It’s easy to make (even kids can make it), and it hits the spot every single time.
Easy Breakfast Cheese Danish Recipe
The Original Danish Dough Whisk – LARGE 13.5 Ingredients:
- 2 cans ready to use refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- one teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg + 1 egg white
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 Tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- preheat oven to 350* degrees
- grease a 13X9-inch baking pan
- lay a pack of crescent rolls in the pan and pinch the openings together
- beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and egg together until smooth
- spread the mixture over the crescent rolls evenly and then lay the second pack of crescent rolls on top of the cheese mixture and brush with egg white
- bake for 35-45 minutes until the top is golden brown
- top with glaze after cooling for about 20 minutes.
I have made this danish using low fat cream cheese and splenda (sugar substitute) and it was delicious!
Also, the amount of filling the original recipe calls for makes a VERY heavily filled danish. I have halved the filling using 1 package of cream cheese, 1/2 cup of sugar, 1 whole egg, and a 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract and it was still very good.
If you use the half filling method, bake for closer to 30-35 minutes.
Other delicious breakfast recipes you might like
Buttermilk blueberry breakfast – perfect with a cup of coffee
Easy breakfast casserole – easy and quick, usually lasts 2 days at our house
California breakfast casserole -delicious savory dish
Healthy fruit breakfast – quick, easy and healthy
Breakfast quesadillas – this is for when you don’t want to a sweet breakfast.
Mountain man breakfast – hearty meal to start your day right.