One of our favorite family staple dishes is Mediterranean roasted vegetables. We love that you can create whatever flavor combination you desire. Just change the seasoning and accompanying dishes and you can travel the world in delicious and nutritious healthy roasted vegetable cuisines.
Roasting is a great way to use up any leftover vegetable sitting in your refrigerator. If you don’t have the vegetables used here, feel free to substitute any veggie you have on hand.
Best Vegetable Combinations
All vegetables can be roasted, but for best results, cook similarly dense vegetables together. For example, cook root vegetables together or cruciferous vegetables with others of their kind.
Carrots and beets are a versatile vegetable for roasting. While these are root vegetables, they’re tender enough to also cook well with cruciferous vegetables.
You can even roast greens such as kale, chard and cabbage. Roasted greens turn out best if roasting with other greens and light veggies and greens. All kinds of vegetable mixtures work, but by matching foods of similar density, you’ll achieve more even cooking.
Roasting deepens and intensifies the inherent sweetness of vegetables, creating delicious and nutritious meals that are easy to prepare. So don’t be surprised if this becomes your new family favorite too!
TIP: You can substitute Herbs de Provence with Italian seasoning.
Popular Mediterranean Roasted Vegetable Seasoning Ingredients:
- Celery seed
- Olive oil
- Bell pepper
- Citrus peel
- 1 lb. bag mini sweet peppers, seeded and cut in half
- 1 lb. Portobello mushroom caps, sliced
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
- 2 t. garlic powder
- 2 t. Herbs de Provence (or Italian seasoning)
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T. balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Set aside.
2. Add peppers, Portobello mushrooms, onion, and Brussels sprouts to a large mixing bowl. Add garlic powder, Herbs de Provence, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar and gently toss to combine. Season generously with salt and black pepper, to taste.
3. Arrange seasoned vegetables on prepared baking sheet in a single layer, being careful not to overcrowd. Use two large baking sheets, if necessary.
4. Place sheet pan in preheated oven and roast for 40-45 minutes, stirring halfway through, or until the vegetables are tender and develop a nice caramelized color. Remove from oven and serve immediately.
More healthy vegetable recipes and Information
- Roasted Garlic Hummus
- Zucchini Chips
- Baked Potatoes Comfort Food
- Sweet Potato Fritters
- Best Air Cookers
- About Oil-less Fryers
If you try it…
Let us know if you try this Mediterranean Roasted Vegetable Recipe how it turns out for you. We love hearing from you, answering questions and also seeing your photos!