It seems like in every recipe book, there are so many different ways to make chicken dishes. Frustrating! I’ve tried many of them through the years and some of them my family really liked…even the children. This creamy Parmesan chicken and tomato sauce really hit the mark… That has been a big plus.
My mother was a professional Chef and she made a special chicken dish with gravy and some other goodies and then poured it over warm crispy toast. I grew up with that as one of my favorite family meals.
I didn’t find any other that compared with her special chicken over toast. That is, until I tried this one. It isn’t over toast, but the flavor is unmatched. I get hungry just thinking about it, but perhaps more so because I skipped lunch today.
I have two grandchildren in my home now, who are very typical at playing very hard outside and running back into the house all hyped up for a good meal. When I make this for them, there is never anything left on their plates. And they usually ask for seconds. This is all the reward or thanks that a mother (or grandmother) needs.
As busy as everyone seems to be anymore, we always like to find recipes that are quick and easy, It may be teenagers that you feed – ones that rush into the house right after school, throw down their books and race to the table to see how fast they can eat. They can’t be late for football practice or for a big game. If a friend is with them, invite him to eat with you too.
Variations for creamy Parmesan chicken
If you find that you are out of chicken, or you’d like to try a vegetarian parmesan “chicken”, there are several alternatives that you can use. Some people like meat substitutes like FryChick Original made by Worthington and these Dixie Diners’ Club – Chicken strips.
We tend to avoid them because of soy allergies in our family, something increasing afflicting many people because of the overuse of soy in packaged foods. However, we use meat alternates like large shiitake mushrooms, whole or cut into strips, or you could use this same sauce and make it a creamy parmesan scalloped potatoes. So many options!
I’ve tried to figure out what gives this chicken the extra boost of perfection and all I can come up with is the garlic and the sun-dried tomatoes. Together, WOW! Then, the Parmesan is good on almost everything, so – how can you lose??
I would recommend the creamy Parmesan chicken for almost any occasion. Quick, easy, and WOW!!
Creamy Parmesan Chicken With Sun-dried Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp oil
- 4 pieces skinless and boneless chicken breasts pounded thin
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup cup dry white wine (or chicken broth)
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 1/4 cup oil packed sundried tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan grated
- salt and pepper to taste to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh basil thinly sliced (or 1 teaspoon dried basil)
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat, add the chicken and cook until lightly golden brown on both sides and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side, before setting aside.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
- Deglaze the pan with the wine.
- Add the broth, cream, sun dried tomatoes and Parmesan, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the sauce thickens a bit, about 3-5 minutes.
- Mix in the chicken along with any juices, season with salt and pepper to taste, remove from heat and mix in the basil.
- If you want a vegetarian version of this recipe, check above for a couple vegetarian chicken replacements.
Try one or more of these recipes: