Crunchy on the top layer and full of flavor throughout, this Dorito chicken casserole recipe is sure to be a hit for a family favorite dinner for many meals to come.
Dorito Chicken Casserole
If you are looking for a quick and easy dinner option that is super simple to make, then this casserole recipe is perfect for you. Not only are the directions and steps straight forward and easy to follow, but it’s packed full of ingredients that are simple to find and inexpensive to buy. And who doesn’t love Doritos? I’m not saying that they are the star of the recipe…but let’s be real. Doritos are awesome and can take any recipe for delicious to out of this world amazing.
One of the biggest reasons that I love this recipe is the fact that it has less than 10 ingredients. In my book, that is huge! There isn’t always a ton of time at night to make a “fancy” dinner after a full day of work, so when I stumbled upon this beauty of a recipe, I knew that I had the time and energy to make this for dinner without any hesitation.
Taking less than 35 minutes for a dinner for the family directly to the table? Yes, please! The prep work is a breeze and I just let the oven do all the work! It’s teamwork at its finest!
A fun tip to add a bit of your own gardening to the recipe? Opt to add in some of your fresh tomatoes and lettuce from your own garden. Those simple changes will take this recipe from awesome, to amazing!
Have fun creating this delicious Doritos Chicken Casserole. While leftovers for this dish taste great, with how much you and your family will love it there more than likely won’t be any leftovers at all!
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend ((divided))
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (10 oz)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 can Ro-tel tomatoes ((drained))
- 1/2 packet taco seasoning
- 1 bag Doritos ((large))
- Shredded lettuce
- diced tomatoes
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl mix together shredded chicken, 1 cup of cheese, cream of chicken soup, milk, sour cream, Ro-tel tomatoes, and taco seasoning. Mix well.
- Grease a 2-quart casserole dish, and add a layer of crushed Doritos across the bottom. Top with a layer of the chicken mixture. Add another layer of crushed Doritos, and then add another layer of the chicken mixture. Top with remaining cheese. You can add more crushed Doritos on top as well if you wish.
- Cover and place into the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 30-25 minutes until bubbling hot.
- Remove from the oven and top with lettuce and tomato if you choose.
More casseroles you might like
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole
- 5 Star Cheeseburger Casserole
- Broccoli & Onion Casserole
- Green Bean Casserole