It’s almost strawberry time, and I want to be prepared with lots of yummy recipes to make with fresh strawberries. So, I was recently looking for an easy strawberry cupcakes recipe and my friend shared one of these with me.
Wow! When I tasted one, I almost instantly became addicted. I actually ate several on them that day.
Oops! There went my diet! It was like one of those amazing desserts in fine restaurants.
The icing on these cupcakes tastes so yummy too. It’s easy to just go to the store and buy icing already
made, but oh… so much better when made the old fashioned way: from scratch.
It is not difficult to decorate the cupcakes for a special occasion. Do it while the icing is still soft,
so that whatever you add to them will stick well.
These days, it looks like most people just buy mixes that are easy to make. In fact, most
of those people don’t even know how to cook from scratch.
In our home, my fourteen year old is learning to cook. She is loving making things by using a recipe.
She hasn’t tried this one yet, but I’m sure she will.
It’s sad that this generation hardly knows what a recipe is. THIS one is certainly worth any effort!
Easy Strawberry Cupcakes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 eggs large
- 2 cups butter softened
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 36 strawberries whole
- 12 oz whipped cream
- How to make the frosting
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 3 cupcake tins with 36 cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a large mixing bowl blend butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time until well combined add the milk and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients.
- Mix until batter is light and fluffy. Batter will be thick.
- Fill cupcake liners 1/2 full (don’t fill the liners any more, or the cupcakes will rise too high and make a BIG mess).
- Bake 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in the cupcake pans.
- Once cupcakes have cooled, hollow out some of the center of the cupcake, cut the tops off the strawberries and insert into the hollow area.
- Cover with frosting.
- Using the whisk attachment combine the cream cheese, sugar and extracts until well combined. While the mixture is still whipping, slowly pour in the heavy cream.
- Stop and scrape the bottom of the bowl a couple of times.
- Whip until the cream can hold a stiff peak.
Since you’ll be digging out some of the cupcake to insert the strawberry, you’ll have some leftover cupcake. I’ll let you in a secret: this is your treat after making these cupcakes.
I added some sliced strawberry and a dollop of warm Nutella for an absolutely amazing dessert 😉