This super easy low-carb dish is a great way to savor the delicious, natural flavors of fresh cucumber, basil, garlic, and toasted pine nuts. Enjoy this dish on its own, or top with your favorite lean protein, such as grilled chicken or steamed fish, for a more satisfying meal.
Tip: For best results, use seedless cucumbers that are at least 1½” thick.
Cucumber Noodles with Fresh Pesto
Delicious, light, healthy, low cal and cooling summer pesto salad.
- 4 large firm seedless cucumbers peeled
- ½ c. fresh pesto
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegetable spiralizer
- 1.Prepare fresh basil pesto per instructions or use pre-made pesto in a jar.
- 2.Using a spiralizer, cut cucumbers into thick, long noodles. (If using the Paderno Tri- Blade Vegetable Spiral Slicer, use the medium “chipper” blade to create slightly thicker strands).
- 3.Cut the noodles with kitchen scissors once they reach 10-12” long. Place cut noodles on paper or clean kitchen towels and gently blot to absorb excess moisture. OR, alternately, place in a strainer over a bowl to drain excess liquid, which can then be added to water for refreshing cucumber water.
- 4.Place cucumber noodles in a medium, bowl and top with fresh pesto. Toss gently to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!