This super simple low-carb dish is a great way to make use of summer cucumbers. If you have pesto on hand, you can have this cucumber noodles recipe ready in just 5-10 minutes!
If you have a garden, you’re probably growing your own, which means LOTS of cucumbers come harvest time, and cucumber noodles are a great way to use up that healthy garden harvest.
Or, perhaps you’re wanting to healthy low calories recipes to help you achieve and maintain a healthy body and weight. This recipe is great for both goals.
In order to keep this super quick and easy, you can use store-bought ready-made pesto in a jar.
TIP: For best results when spiralizing cucumber noodles, use seedless cucumbers that are at least 1½” around.
3-Ingredient Cucumber Noodles With Pesto
- 1 Vegetable spiralizer
- 4 large firm seedless cucumbers peeled
- ½ c. fresh pesto
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1.Prepare fresh basil pesto per instructions or use pre-made pesto in a jar.
- 2.Using a spiralizer, cut cucumbers into thick, long noodles. (If using the Paderno Tri- Blade Vegetable Spiral Slicer, use the medium “chipper” blade to create slightly thicker strands).
- 3.Cut the noodles with kitchen scissors once they reach 10-12” long. Place cut noodles on paper or clean kitchen towels and gently blot to absorb excess moisture. OR, alternately, place in a strainer over a bowl to drain excess liquid, which can then be added to water for refreshing cucumber water.
- 4.Place cucumber noodles in a medium, bowl and top with fresh pesto. Toss gently to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve immediately.
Another super simple summer cucumber favorite is cucumber water with lemon and mint for healthy summer hydration. We make this in a big urn and leave it on the counter on ice, when there’s four or more of us. Or, for just one or two, have it as a pitcher in the fridge.