These chocolate pumpkin cheesecake bars are the perfect fall dessert for chocolate lovers. The addition of pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice makes it just ideal for Thanksgiving or any other fall celebration your family enjoys.
This recipe is really easy to make and what’s even better, you can make it ahead of time and freeze it. Are the lights coming on?
Just thing: instead of laboring over dessert on thanksgiving day, it’s already prepared and ready when you are 😉
I don’t know about you, but I LOVE it when I can do things ahead of time, and still have a presentable meal.
You can make these bars with white chocolate too for some variation. YUM: white chocolate pumpkin cheesecake!
Like white chocolate: Try this white chocolate Reeses fudge.
- Oreo pie crust
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (this organic one is my favorite)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line 8″ baking pan with foil, leaving an overhang on all sides.
- Blend pie crust and sugar, add butter and blend until moistened.
- Line bottom of pan with crust mixture.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, set aside to cool.
- Blend cream cheese until smooth. Add all filling ingredients except chocolate and mix thoroughly.
- Melt chocolate and stir into 1 cup filling mixture.
- Pour remaining filling into prepared pan
- Add dollops of chocolate mixture and swirl.
- Bake 40-50 minutes.
- Cool, cover, and chill at least 2 hours.
- Cut into bars with wet knife.
Now enjoy these delicious swirly bars. I like adding a nice dollop of whipped cream on top of mine. Try it: you may like it too.
Let em know if you decide to make this. Tell me what you thought about the combination of chocolate and pumpkin.
Love cheesecake desserts? You must try this strawberry pretzel dessert salad!