These chocolate pumpkin cheesecake bars are the perfect fall dessert for chocolate and pumpkin lovers. The addition of pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice makes it ideal for Thanksgiving or any other fall celebration your family enjoys.
This recipe is really easy to make and what’s even better, you can make it ahead of time and freeze it!
Just think: instead of laboring over dessert on thanksgiving day, it’s already prepared and ready when you are 😉
I don’t know about you, but I LOVE it when I can do things ahead of time, and still have a presentable meal.
You can make these bars with white chocolate too for some variation. YUM: white chocolate pumpkin cheesecake!
Like white chocolate: Try this white chocolate Reeses fudge.
Now enjoy these delicious swirly bars. I like adding a nice dollop of whipped cream on top of mine. Try it: you may like it too.
Let em know if you decide to make this. Tell me what you thought about the combination of chocolate and pumpkin.
Love cheesecake desserts? You must try this strawberry pretzel dessert salad!
Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars Recipe
Oreo Pie Crust from Scratch:
- 35 Oreos or 3 cups oreo crumbs
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 16 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup sugar see substitution ideas
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree or roasted, mashed winter squash
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tbsp flour – use your favorite
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate melted gently in sauce pan or double boiler.
- SET cream cheese out to soften.
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- LINE an 8″ baking pan with foil or parchment paper, leaving an overhang on all sides.
- MIX pie crust and sugar, add butter and blend until moistened.
- SPREAD pie crust mixture in bottom of pan and pressing with back of spoon or heel of hand to firm and even.
- BAKE crust 12-15 minutes, set aside to cool.
- BLEND softened cream cheese until smooth. Add all filling ingredients except chocolate and mix thoroughly.
- MELT chocolate and stir into 1 cup filling mixture.
- POUR remaining filling into prepared pan.
- SWIRL chocolate mixture by drizzling chocolate sauce over cream chees batter then "drawing" squigglies through batter using a butter knife, chopstick or thin spatulata..
- BAKE 40-50 minutes. Test for firmness by pressing gently on top. If soft and not set cook for another 5-10 minutes or until firm but not brown.
- COOL and CHILL for at least 2 hours.
- CUT into bars with wet knife.