This delicious cheesy eggplant Parmesan is not only easy to make, but also gluten free! Who knew you could make gluten free eggplant Parmesan that tastes just as good as the original?
How To Make Delicious Gluten Free Eggplant Parmesan
- 1 Jar organic red sauce (spaghetti sauce)
- 2 large eggplants, sliced into 1 inch discs
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 large red, yellow, or orange bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- Sliced mozzarella or provolone cheese – A few slices, (you will tear it apart to top the egg plant later)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated (if you can)
- 4 or 5 large garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a sauce pot heat 2 table spoons olive oil over medium heat: Add chopped onion, bell pepper, garlic, red pepper flakes saute about 3 minutes, constantly stirring so the garlic doesn’t burn, now add the jar of red sauce. Cook about 15 minutes on medium low. (Simple red sauce done!) Your house should smell like touchdowns now.
- While you are cooking the sauce down, heat oven to 350.
- Place eggplant onto a cookie sheet single layer, sprinkle lightly with salt & pepper and bake for 25 to 35 minutes until eggplant is slightly brown, for added char on top, broil while watching to desired brownness!
- Top each eggplant with sauce, torn slices of mozzarella or provolone, and Parmesan cheese.
- You can either place the rounds back in the oven until cheese melts, or under the broiler to give your cheese a little crispness (This is how I prefer them). Sprinkle with chopped basil and Enjoy!