It’s what we celebrate on Valentine’s day, regardless of our relationship status. Many people just got out and buy a bouquet of flowers or some chocolates. And that’s OK.
But some of us want to make something with our hands. Take a look at these Valentine’s day cookie recipes and see which one you’d like to make 😉
It will make your Valentine’s day gift even more special!
Valentine’s Day Cookie Recipes
Conversation Heart Cookies
Perfect for children’s Valentine routine, these heart shaped cookies will be a hit with your little ones (and those young at heart ;)!
Red velvet kiss cookies
These red velvet kiss cookies scream Valentine! They look delicious too!
Chocolate dipped heart shaped cookies
Beautiful to look at and perfect for a nice valentine’s day treat, these chocolate dipped heart shaped cookies will show your Valentine how much you care!
Strawberry macaroons with buttercream filling
YUM! I love macaroons, and these strawberry ones look just perfect for love talk 😉
Red velvet crinkle cookies
Soo yummy, these red velvet crinkle cookies are easy to make too!
Like crinkle cookies? Here’s how o make Christmas crinkle cookies.
Red velvet cookies with cream cheese frosting
Who doesn’t LOVE frosting? These red velvet cookies with cream cheese frosting are to die for!
Very Valentine Cookies
These Valentine cookies are so pretty, and look delicious.
Triple chip red velvet cookies
So yummy looking! Beautiful treat for your special someone.
If you need a healthier alternative, try these coconut cookies. So good!
Chocolate sugar cookies
Yes, sometimes you just need that sugar. Bring it on with these chocolate sugar cookies.
And here’s one more recipe I like to make. I’ll try to remember to get pictures next time I make them. They are easy and really yummy. Hopefully you like some of these Valentine’s day cookie recipes. Let me knwo which one you tried!
2 & 1/2 c. all-purpose, unbleached flour
1/2 c. dutch-process cocoa (natural is OK, too)
1 tsp instant espresso powder
1/2 tsp. coarse salt
1 cup unsalted butter
one cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flour,cocoa, espresso powder and salt; set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light an fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla until well combined.
- In 3 additions, add the flour mixture at low speed. Scrape down sides and bottom of bowl as needed.
- Roll the dough on a lightly floured and cocoa-ed surface. (I mixed the 2 of these, then spread on my rolling surface, on my rolling pin, and used it to dip my cookie cutters.)
- Cut the cookies with a square cutter, then divide into smaller squares, if necessary, using a bench scraper.
- Freeze cut cookies five minutes.
- Bake 8 minutes. Let cool completely.
- With white royal icing and a #4 (or so) plain tip, pipe the x’s and o’s.
- With red icing and a #3 or #4 tip, pipe hearts on some of the cookies.
- Let the icing dry (overnight is fine).
- Mix equal parts meringue powder and water. Brush onto piped designs with a small paintbrush and sprinkle on sanding sugar. Shake off the excess.