You will need:
Yields: 5 Doz.
Prep: 10 Mins.
Bake: 10 to 12 Mins.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of fine-grain kosher salt
- Mix each of the three colored sugars into separate, small bowls; add cinnamon, and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use a Silpat liner.
- With a hand mixer, blend together the butter and granulated sugar in a medium bowl until smooth. Add the eggs, vanilla, and mix to incorporate. Sift into another medium bowl the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cream of tartar, cinnamon, and kosher salt. Using a wooden spoon, mix the flour mixture into the wet ingredients, until incorporated.
- Roll the dough into 1” balls, and alternately coat the outside of each with the different colored cinnamon/sugars (see photograph above). Place cookies onto a baking sheet spaced 1” apart, and bake for 10 to 12 minutes; remove to a cooling rack, and repeat until dough is gone. – Enjoy!
Posted by: San dra at
Please follow and like us: