- One batch oregano pesto, recipe here
- 3 lbs chicken thighs, skins left on
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Arugula salad with pomegranates and oranges to serve alongside
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat oven to 475 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil, and place chicken thighs in the pan, skin-side down. Season well with salt and pepper, and then turn over. Loosen the skin with your fingers, and then use about 3/4 of the pesto to stuff under the skin. Wash hands, and then season the top of the skin well with salt and pepper. Cook in the oven for 25 minutes, then open and brush the chicken with the rest of the pesto. Continue cooking for about another 5 minutes at most, and then remove from oven and let rest for 10-20 minutes.
- Serve with salad and enjoy when cool enough to hold.