- 1/2 lb Lamb Lion, 1-inch thick
- 1/2 bag of Papadums
- 1 Tbsp Fennel seeds
- 1 Tbsp Anise
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Cloves
- 1/2 tsp Peppercorns
- 1/2 bunch Mint
- Tzatziki Ingredients
- 1 Cup Greek Yogurt, strained
- 1/2 Tbsp Lemon, juice
- 1/2 tsp Lemon zest
- 1/4 Cup Cucumber, small dice
- 2 Tbsp Red onion, small dice
- 1/2 Tbsp Mint, sliced
- 1/2 tsp Cilantro, sliced
- 1/4 tsp Cumin, ground
- 1/4 tsp Coriander, ground
- 1/4 tsp Aleppo pepper (optional)
- 1/4 tsp Garlic paste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat a pot of oil to 350 degrees.
- Place 1 papadum in the oil to test the temperature. Once the oil is hot enough, add papadums, in small batches to the pot and fry until they rise to the top. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate in an even layer.
- Use pre-packaged 5-spice powder or ground all of the spices together.
- Cut the lamb lion into rectangular blocks, about 1″ x 1″ and 6-inches long. Coat each block in 5-spice powder. Turn a saute pan on medium-high heat and lightly coat with canola oil. Once the pan is slightly smoking add the lamb and sear on each side until medium-rare, about 1 minute per side.
- Remove the lamb to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice the lamb into 1/8″ slices. Add the lamb to the top of the papadum and garnish with Tzatziki and mint.
- Fold all ingredients together, taste to adjust seasoning.