This delicious low-carb soup is oh-so-good! It comes together quickly in a single pot, so you don’t have to spend a ton of time cleaning up afterwards.
If you have time, make a double batch and freeze the leftovers to enjoy later.
Spicy White Bean and Cabbage Soup
- 1 pound bulk spicy pork sausage crumbled
- 1 can 28 oz. diced tomatoes, un-drained
- 3 c. chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 T. oregano dried
- 2 t. garlic powder
- 3 ” piece hard Parmesan rind
- 2 cans 15 oz. cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups fresh cabbage cut into bite sized pieces
- Garnish optional:
- Fresh parsley washed, stems removed and finely chopped
- Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1.Add crumbled bulk pork sausage to a large skillet over medium heat. Cook until no longer pink inside. Carefully drain excess fat from the pan and return to heat.
- 2.Add diced tomatoes, chicken or vegetable stock, oregano, garlic powder, and Parmesan rind to pan. Stir to combine and increase heat to medium-high.
- 3.Cook until liquid almost boils, then reduce heat to medium-low. Add cannellini beans to pan. Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- 4.Add cabbage to pot and continue simmering until tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- 5.Remove from heat and ladle into bowls. Garnish with chopped parsley and grated Parmesan cheese, if desired, and serve immediately.
- Note: If soup is too thick, add a little more stock. If it is too thin, continue cooking until desired consistency is reached.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!