Serves 6 to 8
- 8 medium Yukon Gold potatoes (3 pounds)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbs. capers
- 1 red, yellow, or orange bell pepper, diced
- 4 stalks of celery, chopped
- Boil potatoes in their jackets 20 to 25 minutes, until tender but still holding their shape.
- As soon as potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel skins off with the back of a knife. Dice potatoes, and place them in large mixing bowl. Add cider vinegar.
- Heat olive oil in sauté pan, and cook onion, stirring often, 3 minutes, until barely soft.
- Add onions to potatoes along with mustard, capers, bell pepper, and celery. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Here’s one of my favorite picnic foods: Romanian mititei. YUM!