We love using fresh herbs to make this Italian herb butter recipe, however, if you’re out of fresh herbs, you can substitute with dried herbs. Just remember the ratio of fresh to dried is about two fresh to one dried, since dried is more condensed and concentrated.
You can read more about fresh to dried herbs ratios here in our Herbs de Provence recipe.
This Italian herb butter recipe goes beautifully with fresh corn on the cob.
This delicious Italian herb butter recipe turns any dish into gourmet fare, and there's no end to the foods it will enhance.
From omelettes or chichen, to corn of the cob or toast for a grilled cheese sandwich, let your imagination and experimentation roam with this Italian herb butter.
- 1/4 cup organic butter, (or you preferred brand)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, we use pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Melt butter on low heat
- Add minced garlic and saute for 5 minutes while chopping herbs
- Chop herbs and add to melted butter
- Simmer herbs in butter on low for approximately 10 minutes
- Add salt and pepper
Use Herb Butter Warm
Drizzle herb butter blend over corn on the cob and serve
Use Herb Butter Cold
You can make this ahead and refrigerate to be available any time you want to use herb butter for corn on the cob or other foods.
You can just pour your cooled but still liquid herb butter into a glass or plastic storage container, like a tub of margarine. Or, you can make it into herb butter sticks using a butter mold.
Amount Per Serving Calories 107Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 31mgSodium 1150mgCarbohydrates 1gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 0g
Nutrition information is approximate.