We love using fresh herbs to make this Italian herb butter recipe, however, if you’re out of fresh herbs, you can substitute with dried herbs. Just remember the ratio of fresh to dried is about two fresh to one dried, since dried is more condensed and concentrated.
You can read more about fresh to dried herbs ratios here in our Herbs de Provence recipe.
This Italian herb butter recipe goes beautifully with fresh corn on the cob.
Italian Herb Butter Recipe
- 1/4 cup organic butter (or you preferred brand)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil chopped
- [1/2 teaspoon salt we use pink Himalayan salt]
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Melt butter on low heat
- Add minced garlic and saute for 5 minutes while chopping herbs
- Chop herbs and add to melted butter
- Simmer herbs in butter on low for approximately 10 minutes
- Add salt and pepper
Use Herb Butter Warm
- Drizzle herb butter blend over corn on the cob and serve
Use Herb Butter Cold
- You can make this ahead and refrigerate to be available any time you want to use herb butter for corn on the cob or other foods.
- You can just pour your cooled but still liquid herb butter into a glass or plastic storage container, like a tub of margarine. Or, you can make it into herb butter sticks using a butter mold.