Guacamole Pizza Recipe
I love avocados! I can eat them with every meal, and never get tired of it. So, I was craving some carbs, but also wanted to get my dose of avocado for the day. So I came up with his guacamole pizza recipe that uses pita chips and guacamole. YUM!
- Guacamole ingredients
- 1 large/2 small firm avocados. You can either dice or mash them I prefer the avocados quite firm so they hold their shape when I cut them up instead of mashing them
- ½ cup cooked corn kernels
- ½ finely diced red onion any mild onion will do like green or Asian (red shallots)
- 1 clove garlic peeled and minced
- 1 diced tomato or a handful of cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 2 fresh kaffir lime leaves center stems removed, rolled up and sliced finely
- juice from 1 lime
- a splash of good quality extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Crackers ingredients
- 2 pita wraps I like these paleo wraps especially for company, since so many people need gluten free these days
- 3 Tbsp of freshly grated Parmesan cheese you can use more if you love cheese!
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp whole fennel seeds
Directions for making guac pizza
- Add all guacamole ingredients to a large bowl and mix well to combine. If possible, leave to sit in fridge for half an hour so the lime juice can start to ‘soften’ the raw onion and garlic taste that some people find overbearing like in guac
- Heat a fry-pan on the stove on medium heat
- Place 1 wrap in the hot pan, sprinkle half the cheese to cover the wrap then sprinkle the smoked paprika over the top
- Keep your eye on it, and remove once the cheese starts to melt (and you smell the paprika) then slide it out onto a chopping block (the wrap should have crisped up on the base making it rigid)
- Repeat above step with the other wrap, this time sprinkling fennel seeds over the Parmesan
- Once cooled, using a pizza cutter/sharp knife, cut wraps into triangles / any shapes you like, to create the crackers.
- Alternatively, you can cut the wraps in triangles, brush with oil, sprinkle Parmesan cheese and bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 to 7 minutes (I like this method better, becasue I don’t have to pay much attention to it :P).
- Arrange crackers on a plate, pile on the guac and serve with teaspoons
You need to try my avocado egg salad ;). So delicious!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!