This slow cooker honey garlic chicken recipe is one of the easiest dinners you can make. Just throw the ingredients in and you’ll end up with a juicy and delicious chicken dish that you’ll want to eat again and again!
Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe
- 3 large bone-in, skinless chicken breasts (2 1/2 to 3 pounds total)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup blackberry jam
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- Sliced scallions, for garnish
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Arrange the chicken breasts in the slow cooker so that they are not overlapping.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the honey, soy sauce, blackberry jam, hoisin, olive oil, garlic, onion and crushed red pepper flakes, and then pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook the chicken on LOW for 4 to 5 hours until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Using tongs, remove the chicken from the slow cooker (reserving the liquids) and place it on a cutting board.
- Remove the bones then use two forks to shred the chicken into smaller pieces. Place the shredded chicken in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch with 3 tablespoons of cold water to make a slurry.
- Transfer the liquids from the slow cooker into a small saucepan set over medium-high heat and whisk in the slurry. Bring the sauce to a boil and cook it until it reduces and has thickened slightly, about 3 minutes. Pour the sauce over the chicken, tossing to combine.
- Serve the chicken topped with sliced scallions and sesame seeds.
More Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
If you like the convenience of slow cooking your chicken, you’ll love these other chicken recipes. Take a peek 😉