Want to know how to make fluffy pancakes? I never shy away from some warm, fluffy pancakes with loads of delicious toppings. This is a recipe that anyone can make successfully. And this is it!
Gather your ingredients and get ready for an experience you’ll thoroughly enjoy!
TIP: you might want to make these easy fluffy pancakes for dinner sometime 😉
How To Make Fluffy Pancakes – Recipe
Yield: about 8 pancakes
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp butter
How to make easy light and fluffy pancakes
- In a small bowl, stir together milk and vinegar. Allow to sit for five minutes. It will look curdled, and that’s normal.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Place butter in a small bowl and melt in the microwave. Once melted, crack the egg into the butter and stir with a fork or whisk until well-combined. Pour butter/egg mixture into milk/vinegar mixture and mix again.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients all at once. Gently stir only until all ingredients are uniformly moist. Don’t over mix or the pancakes will be tough.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, spray with cooking spray, and drop 1/4 cup spoonfuls of batter onto skillet. Cook until bubbles form and pop, then flip and cook the other side.
Tips for making the best fluffy pancakes
Here are just a few tips for making your pancake cooking easier:
- make your pancakes in a non-stick pan
- spray the pan with some oil (I use Pam, or just plain olive oil brushed with a silicone brush on the pan every other pancake )
- use a 1/4 cup metal measuring cup for the perfect pancake size (or, if you don’t care about the size, use a glass measuring cup – I love that they have a pouring spot 😉
Best toppings for fluffy pancakes
For me, the best toppings for my pancakes are fresh fruits and some honey. I love to use any kind of berries:
You can be creative and experiment with other pancake toppings. Here are a few ideas for you:
- peanut butter and apple sauce
Are you a visual learner? This video shows you exactly how to make light fluffy pancakes. Just add some butter and syrup on top, maybe some fruit, and enjoy it!
8 thoughts on “How To Make Fluffy Pancakes – Recipe”
I made these today, the flavor was ok but not like an American style pancake. It was to spongy. If your an American you’ll be disappointed with these. If your British you’ll probably like them. I won’t make them again.
I’m American and I love these and so did my whole family.
These were great. I added blueberries so I had to add a little more milk and they came out perfectly.
just made these and they’re delicious!
My family loves these! They are light and fluffy and really just melt in your mouth. Be sure to fold the wet ingredients into the dry and and not stir too much, that is key. My boys like adding mini chocolate chips when cooking.
I made these exactly as the recipe called and the batter was so thick it was like a bread dough.
Too much flour. Try sifting the flour and gently transferring to the measuring cup with a spoon.
These are so delicious, my roomate and I were blown away with how good they are. I will never use another pancake recipe!