Want to know how to make fluffy pancakes? I never shy away from some warm, fluffy pancakes with loads of delicious toppings. This is a recipe that anyone can make successfully. And this is it!
Gather your ingredients and get ready for an experience you’ll thoroughly enjoy!
How To Make Fluffy Pancakes – Recipe
Yield: about 8 pancakes
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp butter
How to make easy light and fluffy pancakes
- In a small bowl, stir together milk and vinegar. Allow to sit for five minutes. It will look curdled, and that’s normal.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Place butter in a small bowl and melt in the microwave. Once melted, crack the egg into the butter and stir with a fork or whisk until well-combined. Pour butter/egg mixture into milk/vinegar mixture and mix again.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients all at once. Gently stir only until all ingredients are uniformly moist. Don’t over mix or the pancakes will be tough.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, spray with cooking spray, and drop 1/4 cup spoonfuls of batter onto skillet. Cook until bubbles form and pop, then flip and cook the other side.
Tips for making the best fluffy pancakes
Here are just a few tips for making your pancake cooking easier:
- make your pancakes in a non-stick pan
- spray the pan with some oil (I use Pam, or just plain olive oil brushed with a silicone brush on the pan every other pancake )
- use a 1/4 cup metal measuring cup for the perfect pancake size (or, if you don’t care about the size, use a glass measuring cup – I love that they have a pouring spot 😉
Best toppings for fluffy pancakes
For me, the best toppings for my pancakes are fresh fruits and some honey. I love to use any kind of berries:
You can be creative and experiment with other pancake toppings. Here are a few ideas for you:
- peanut butter and apple sauce
Are you a visual learner? This video shows you exactly how to make light fluffy pancakes. Just add some butter and syrup on top, maybe some fruit, and enjoy it!