Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- Poached Pears Ingredients:
- 3 c. water
- 1/3 c. honey
- 3 whole cinnamon sticks
- 2 t. whole cloves
- 3 whole star anise
- 6 firm pears, peeled
- dash ground cinnamon, for garnish
- Honey Mascarpone Cream Ingredients:
- 8 oz. mascarpone cheese, softened to room temperature
- 3 T. half & half
- 3 T. runny honey
- 2 t. pure vanilla extract
- 2 t. organic orange zest
- Combine water, honey, cinnamon sticks, cloves, and star anise in a large skillet with high sides. Bring the mixture to a gentle simmer over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until the honey is melted and the spices become fragrant, approximately 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, halve the pears and carefully remove the seeds with a melon baller
- Carefully add the pears to the simmering poaching liquid. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the pears are tender. Do not overcook.
- While the pears are poaching, place the softened mascarpone cheese and half & half in the bowl of a stand mixer and whip until light and airy. (If you don’t have a stand mixer, use a hand-held mixer to blend).
- Add the honey, vanilla extract, and orange zest and whip until combined. Place in the fridge to chill before serving.
- Remove pears from heat and cool slightly. Serve immediately with a spoonful of the honey mascarpone cream and a dash of cinnamon. Top with a drizzle of the poaching liquid, if desired.
Please follow and like us: