Cranberry sauce is a holiday staple in many homes. Most people just buy a can of cranberry sauce and add a bit of it to their plate. But today, we’re going to look at how we can spice this sauce up and make it a whole lot better. We’ll be making cranberry pear sauce with rosemary and ginger. YUM!
This gorgeous, delicious cranberry pear sauce is sure to be a hit this holiday season! It is super quick and easy to make and does not include any refined sugar. Instead, it gets its sweetness naturally from ripe pears and a touch of real maple syrup. Once you try this recipe, you’ll never look at store-bought cranberry sauce the same.
Cranberry Pear Sauce Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10-15 minutes, plus 15-20 minutes to cool
- 12 oz. fresh cranberries
- 2 medium ripe pears, peeled and diced
- 2 t. fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 T. fresh rosemary leaves, finely diced
- 3 T. real maple syrup
- ¾ c. water
- Sea salt, to taste
- Add cranberries, pear, ginger, rosemary leaves, maple syrup and water to a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture starts to boil and the cranberries burst open, approximately 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for another 5-10 minutes. While cooking, mash the cranberries and pears with a wooden spoon.
- Season with a pinch of sea salt and stir to combine.
- Remove from heat and allow sauce to cool for 15-20 minutes before checking the consistency. Add a little water if the sauce is too thick. Taste and add more maple syrup for a sweeter sauce, if desired.
- Optional: For a smoother sauce, blend one-half of the cranberry mixture in a food processor or blender until smooth. Stir puree back into the remaining sauce before serving.
- Serve immediately or chill before serving.
Serve with your Thanksgiving or Christmas meal, but don’t limit yourself to those. Jazz up your every day meals with this sauce, and celebrate year round 😉
Are you a visual learner? Here’s very similar recipe: check it out!
Need some ideas for Christmas appetizers? They’re easy to make and absolutely delicious!