One Delicious Dish, So Many Ways to Enjoy
If you love avocados, you’ll love this no mayonnaise avocado egg salad recipe. Not only is it delicious, but it’s also keto friendly with healthy fats. Instead of mayo, we use yogurt, which blended with the natural healthy fat of the avocado and the protein rich eggs, provides a well rounded salad great by itself, on sandwiches, and in salads.
Serving Ideas for Avocado Egg Salad
This avocado egg salad recipe is also great for hors d’oeuvres as spread and dip.
- Salad topping
- Sandwiches spread –
- add lettuce, sprouts or microgreens, tomatoes, mustard
- Choose an open-faced sandwich with a slice of your favorite cheese; melt in toaster overn
- Taco filling – along with this corn black bean salsa
- Burritos – side or filling
- Quesadillas – side or filling
- Dips –
- raw veggies
- pita chip
- baked tortilla chips
- Stuff mushroom caps and bake
- Top stuffed tomatoes
- Tortilla roll-up
- Pita pocket sandwiches – on its own, with greens and/or add to this chicken pita salad
You Will Need
- 1 medium avocado, pitted and peeled
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) mayonnaise, or Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7 ml) lemon juice
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium-length celery stalk, finely chopped (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon (15 g) finely chopped chives, parsley or dill
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Mash avocado, mayonnaise and lemon juice together in a medium bowl.
- Stir in the eggs, celery and chives. Season with salt and pepper.