Preparing this delicious glorified rice recipe is a breeze, and you’ll reach out for more every single time! Kids , as well as adults love it and it’s perfect for dessert after your lunch or dinner, but also great for guests. Just divide it into pretty glass dessert bowls for a high class presentation 😉
Serves 6 to 8
- 1 cup dry short grain white rice (this is important! Long rice won’t get mushy like you need for this recipe). I buy mine at my local grocery store, but it’s not always available. So I looked it up on Amazon, and sure enough they have some. This is the one I use.
- One 20 oz. can crushed pineapple, well drained
- ½ cup + 4 tablespoons sugar
- One 12.3 oz. package firm silken tofu
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- Cook the white rice according to package directions. While the rice is still hot, place the it in a large mixing bowl and stir in the crushed pineapple and ½ cup sugar. Let the mixture rest at room temperature for one hour to cool.
- Cover and refrigerate until cold.
- Place the silken tofu, 4 tablespoons sugar, and lemon juice in a Vita-Mix or other blender. Blend until completely smooth.
- Fold the blended tofu into the rice mixture, breaking apart any clumps of rice with a wooden spoon.
- Top with fresh sliced strawberries and serve.
Dessert Glass Bowls For Glorified Rice
Get a bit fancy with some classy looking glass dessert bowls: just add your glorified rice, top off with your favorite fruit (I love adding berries, cherries and even nuts).
Mini 3.5 Inch Glass Bowls – Set of 12Libbey Just Desserts 17-piece, Mini Coupe Bowl SetMini Glass Crystal Clear dessert bowls – Set of 6,Square Glass Bowl – Salad, Soup, Condiments, Or DessertBormioli Rocco Alaska Dessert Bowls, Set of 6Barski – European Glass – Small Fruit / Nut / Dessert Bowl