We love Chinese food! And I make them at home, rather than go out (it’s a lot healthier this way, and less stressful to our pocket). This easy fried rice recipe goes perfectly with my Chinese inspired dishes, like this sesame Chinese chicken.
Easy Fried Rice Recipe
I usually make this with leftover rice, since it’s best to use chilled rice. But if you don’t have any leftover rice, cook some before you go to bed and use it the next day.
While my recipe has a few specific veggies to add to this fried rice, you can use anything you like (or need to use up from your fridge). It’s a very versatile recipe, and i use it more like a base to which I add depending on my mood or what I have on hand.
To be honest, many times I make a meal out of this rice: it’s filling enough that I don’t need to add anything else.
Easy Fried Rice
This easy fried rice recipe goes perfectly with practically any Chinese inspired dish.
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion (diced small)
- 1 cm ginger (grated)
- 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/2 cup peas (frozen)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 green onions (for garnishing)
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a wok and cook the 2 eggs, stirring continuously until the eggs have set (will look like scrambled eggs); remove eggs from the wok.
- Saute the diced onion in the other tablespoon of oil stirring for about 3 minutes.
- Add ginger and cook for about 30 seconds, then add peas and diced tomatoes, and stir for another 2 minutes or so.
- Mix in the cooked rice and stir continuously, for 3 to 4minutes until there are no lumps in the rice anymore
- Add egg mixture, soy sauce, sesame oil and season with salt. Keep stirring for 1 to 2 min.
- Garnish with thinly sliced green onions.
Utensils for Chinese dishes
KOVOT Asian Cuisine Ceramic Serving Bowl Set – Includes (4) 20-Ounce Bowls, (4) Oriental Spoons, (4) Sets Of ChopsticksContemporary Dinnerware Chinese 16 PCS Dinner Set For 4 In Gift BoxMiya Spring Blossom Japanese Sushi Plate Gift Set with 2-Pair of Chopsticks, Sushi for Two, Blue/White