This recipe feta spinach egg bake recipe is one of our weekly favorites, because it checks all the boxes: quick, easy, healthy and delicious!
We mainly have two people eating this, which means to make it on Monday means breakfast is already made for the next four days.
It’s so good that we never get tired of it!
Egg bake makes for a great on-the-go breakfast too. You can either put it between bread for an egg bake sandwich, or you can package it up to go.
You can substitute the spinach in this recipe for any leafy greens you have on hand. From kale to shredded super greens; chard to protein greens, they’re all delicious!
The work better “ribboned”, which is slicing into strips; less than shredding but more than chopped.
We favor the feta and parmesan combination. Or, if you’re watching calories, you can omit the parmesan and it’s still delicious. You can also you whatever cheese you have on hand and it’s equally good.
Beyond these variations, we could go on for days with delicious.
Simple Healthy Spinach Egg Bake
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil to coat 9×13" baking dish
- 5 oz Spinach, raw We use the entire 5oz weight clamshell of spinach.
- 1 cup Mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup Onions chopped, diced or sliced thin, to your preference
- 1 tbsp Garlic minced, (around 3 cloves)
- 1/2 cup Sun dried tomatoes chopped or left in larger strips
- 1 cup Feta Cheese crumbled
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese shredded
- 24 large Eggs whisked
- 3 TBSP Italian seasoning or sub: Herbs de Provence
- Set oven to 350°F (157°C)
- Grease a large 9×13" casserole dish with olive oil
- Slice onions and Mushrooms and cook for four minutes
- Chop the power greens into strips and layer into casserole dish (1st layer)
- Add sauteed mushrooms and onions on top of the greens
- Distributed sun-dried tomatoes evenly over the greens
- Sprinkle feta cheese and parmesan cheese evenly over top
- Crack all eggs into a large bowl or blender and whisk them well
- Add the seasoning herb blend to the egg batter and blend well
- Gently pour the eggs into the casserole dish, evenly over the layers
- Check the egg bake in the oven for 45 minutes; cook longer until golden and firm in center.