You will need:
For Shortbread Crust:
- 2 c. blanched almond flour
- 4 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp. grapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp. honey or agave nectar
- dash of salt
For Pecan Filling
- 1 3/4 c. chopped pecans
- 1/3 c. maple syrup
- 1 – 2 tbsp. honey or agave nectar, if desired
- 1/4 c. coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. flaxseed meal
- 1/2 tsp. tapioca starch (could use arrowroot to make grain free)
- 2 tbsp. nut milk (or whatever kind of milk you want)
- Salt for pecans
- To make crust, turn oven to 350F and line with parchment paper or grease an 8×8″ pan.
- Mix ingredients in a medium sized bowl until combined.
- Press into prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes or until the crust starts to turn brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- For the filling: In a small-medium sized pot, mix together the coconut oil, maple syrup, honey and vanilla extract.
- Bring pot up to a boil and simmer for about 5 minutes, whisking it frequently. (The coconut oil and sweeteners will not mix very much as one is polar and the other is not. Don’t worry as the nut milk slurry will act as an emulsifier.)
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. (I stuck mine in the fridge for 10 – 15 minutes, giving it the occasional stir to prevent any coconut oil from hardening.)
- Meanwhile, toast the pecans in a pan on medium heat for about 5 – 8 minutes or until they smell like roasted pecans, stirring frequently. Once toasted, remove from heat and sprinkle with salt.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flaxseed meal, tapioca starch and nut milk. Let it sit for a few minutes.
- Once the sugar-oil mixture is cooler, whisk in the nut milk mixture until combined and smooth.
- Read full recipe at: Source: Withoutadornment