- 1/2 cup butter (8 TBS.), softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
- 3/4 cup mashed banana (I used 2 bananas)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and the sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the strawberries, banana, vanilla, and orange zest and stir until well-combined. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Gradually add the flour mixture to the creamed butter mixture, mixing just until flour disappears.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean (mine took about 1 hour and 10 minutes). Cool on a wire rack, then remove from pan, slice, and enjoy. I especially enjoyed it the next morning, toasted up in the toaster oven with a little butter on top.