- ½ cup sauerkraut, drained and roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons pickle relish
- 1 8-ounce tube of crescent roll dough
- 2 slices Swiss cheese, each slice cut into 12 pieces
- 24 beef little smokies
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Thousand Island dressing for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine the sauerkraut and relish in a small bowl, set aside.
- Unroll the crescent dough and pinch the diagonal seams together with your fingers. Cut the dough in half lengthwise, and then slice each half crosswise into 12 strips. Place a piece of cheese on one end of strip of dough leaving a ½ inch boarder on the short end. Spread about 1 teaspoon of the sauerkraut mixture on top of the cheese. Place one little smokie on top of each strip of dough, and pinch the dough to seal.
- Place pigs in a blanket seam side down on the prepared baking sheet, and brush with the beaten egg. Bake until the dough is golden brown, about 15 minutes. Serve warm with thousand island dressing.