- 1 ½ cups flour
- 2 cups corn (or one 15 ounce can)
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ⅓ cup chives, chopped
- ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ cup oil, for frying
- In a large bowl, mix the ingredients.
- In a large skillet, heat a half cup of oil (or until entire skillet is covered with a thin layer) over medium-high heat.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of mixture to form each fritter into the hot oil.
- Flip after about a minute and a half or when you can see the edges beginning to brown. Repeat for other side.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and chives.
October 17, 2016
Main dishes, Recipes