You Will Need:
- 8-12 cherry sized tomatoes
- 1/4 of a small red onion
- 3 garlic cloves (yeah, I like garlic)
- 10 basil leaves
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing on the bread
- fresh cracked pepper
- french baguette, sliced (I always get them to slice it at the bakery!)
- Dice tomatoes & onion, add to bowl. Crush (or finely mince) garlic. Chiffonade the basil leaves (stack and roll, then slice into small thin strips) and add to bowl. Pour extra virgin olive oil over the vegetables, stir well to combine. Season with salt & pepper. Refrigerate 30-1hr to let flavors develop.
- To serve, brush baguette slices with extra virgin olive oil, broil (this is where a toaster oven comes in handy) until golden and crisp. Top with bruschetta. Enjoy!