- Four 6-ounce fresh salmon filets
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 orange, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded, ribs removed, and diced OR 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- In a baking dish combine the olive oil and the orange juice. Lay salmon in it and turn to coat. In a small bowl combine the salt, onion powder, paprika, black pepper, allspice, and cayenne pepper. Sprinkle over each side of salmon filets. Set aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine the avocado, red onion, orange, jalapeno, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and chill.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high and lightly coat with olive oil or vegetable cooking spray. Add the salmon and cook for 4-5 minutes; turn and cook on the other side for 2-3 minutes or until fish flakes easily. Serve with chilled avocado salsa.