- 1/2 pound brussels sprouts, stems removed and chopped or shredded
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- balsamic vinegar to taste
- 12 ounces of havarti cheese, shredded or sliced (I’ve also used provolone and tuscano with great results)
- 8 slices crusty bread bread
- softened butter for spreading
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add olive oil. Saute minced garlic for about 30 seconds and then add in brussels sprouts. Season with salt and pepper and cook for about 5-6 minutes, until brussels sprouts are wilting and turning golden brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Return the pan to the burner over medium low heat. Butter each slice of bread on one side and place butter-side down in the pan. Top with cheese, brussels sprouts, balsamic vinegar, and more cheese. Top with another slice of buttered side up bread.
- Cook each side until golden brown and serve hot. And be ready for your opinions of brussels sprouts to be totally changed forever. And ever. Amen.
Source: How Sweet Eats