Warm Vanilla Milk
You will need:
- 2 cups raw milk OR 1 cup raw cream* plus 1 cup water OR 1 cup full-fat coconut milk plus 1 cup water**
- 3 Tb raw honey
- 3/4 tsp organic vanilla extract
- dash celtic sea salt
- optional: pinch ground cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Heat gently over medium-low heat and whisk to fully incorporate the honey. NOTE: If you want to keep your milk “raw”, make sure you don’t heat it past 110 degrees F. I find a digital probe thermometer to be crucial for keeping the milk from getting too hot, as I can set the thermometer to alert me when 110 degrees is reached. This also ensures that the milk is the perfect temperature for kids to drink without having to blow on it or burn their tongues. If you are using coconut milk or aren’t concerned about keeping the milk raw, then go ahead and heat until nice and toasty hot.
- Serve immediately. If you find that the warm milk coos too quickly for slow drinkers, try serving it in a thermos.
*Raw cream may be easier to digest for people with lactose problems as it has hardly any lactose at all.
**You may want to add a touch more vanilla if you use coconut milk instead of dairy.
Don't be selfish, Share: