Tomato Basil Baked Pasta Recipe
- 1 (16 ounce) box fusilli pasta (or any similar pasta)
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup basil, torn
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3-4 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Pre-heat oven to 450°F/230°C.
- In a large bowl, mix together the crushed tomatoes, water, olive oil, basil, oregano, garlic, salt, pepper, and fusilli.
- Pour the pasta mixture into a greased roasting pan and smooth the top into an even layer.
- Line the top of the mixture with the sliced tomatoes and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes, until the pasta is fully cooked.
Don't be selfish, Share: