Seedy Bread with Nuts
1 cup raw sunflower seeds
½ cup raw flaxseeds/linseeds
2 Tbsp chia seeds
½ cup whole, raw hazelnuts
1½ cups quinoa flakes (can use oats if OK with gluten)
4 Tbsp psyllium husks
1 tsp sea salt flakes
1 Tbsp rice bran syrup (or honey/maple syrup/agave syrup… you get the idea…)
3 Tbsp melted coconut oil (or good quality extra virgin olive oil / macadamia oil
1½ cups water
- Heat oven to 175°C.
- Add all the dry ingredients into a flexible non-stick silicon* loaf pan and stir them well to combine them evenly.
- Whisk together the rice bran syrup (or alternative) and water in a small bowl until combined, then add the liquid into loaf pan.
- Mix everything well with a wooden spoon until all the dry ingredients are soaked, and smooth out the top with the wooden spoon. (If you don’t mix it really well, the mixture is more likely to stick to the bottom of the pan when turning it out.)
- Let it sit on the bench lightly covered with a tea towel for at least 2 hours (overnight is fine if you want to bake it first thing)
- To ensure it is ready to bake, the ‘dough’ should retain its shape when you pull the sides of the loaf pan away from it.
- Bake on middle rack for 30 minutes.
- Remove the loaf from the pan and place it upside-down directly onto the middle rack and bake for a further 35-40 minutes. The bread is done when it sounds hollow when you thwack it with the wooden spoon.
- Let it cool before slicing.
- Store in tightly sealed container on cool bench or in fridge for up to a week – freezes well too (slice before you freeze!)
Don't be selfish, Share: