Red Velvet Waffles
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Whey Low Granular (Splenda or sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup skim or 2% milk (if making into pancakes reduce to 1 1/4 cup)
- 3 eggs, separated
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- In a large bowl whisk together the cake flour, cocoa powder, Splenda (sugar), salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the milk, egg yolks, melted butter, food coloring, vanilla, and vinegar. Add to the dry ingredients and whisk just until combined.
- In another bowl beat the egg whites until stiff. With a spatula, fold into the batter mixture. (It’s okay if a few fluffs remain.)
- Make in a preheated waffle iron per instructions. Serve immediately with Cream Cheese Whipped Cream.
Cream Cheese Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Splenda (or powdered sugar)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces fat-free cream cheese, softened
- Beat the whipping cream, Splenda, and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Beat in the cream cheese until smooth.
Don't be selfish, Share: